Oops! and Jeez Louise!
25 days ago
– Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 03:15:08 PM
I made an oops in the last update. My brain is mashed potatoes these days with distance-learning, and the news, and trying to do all the things 😬 😬 😬
Anyway... the WPP Little Readers Big Change Initiative, Inc. is NOW a recognized public charity with 501(c)(3) status, which means your pledges to sponsor classrooms during the campaign and in the future are 100% tax deductible.
Sorry about any confusion that caused, and thank you again for backing this project!
It's been a while. Here's what's happening!
25 days ago
– Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 02:05:58 PM
Hello, friends! It's been a little while since I've sent an update... a little over a month! So I wanted to check in to tell you about all the progress we've made and what you can expect before your books arrive at the end of summer.
IMPORTANT: If you DID NOT complete your survey with your reward preference, mailing address, etc., please click here and enter the email you used on Kickstarter to make your pledge. We're still missing addresses for about 40 backers.
Now for the updates:
1. You'll get a first look at the books soon! Everything has been sent to the printer, and we're expecting the final proofs this month. I'll be sure to post a live unboxing and reveal as soon as they arrive. Once we approve the proofs, nearly 10,000 books will be printed and shipped to New Jersey. Distribution will start on or around September 1.
2. Look out for your ebook and audiobooks! Digital bonuses will start being delivered around July 1. You'll get all three books PLUS the Spanish-language versions of both Zaras in digital format via email. You'll also receive activity sheets and audiobook recordings. The Wheat Penny Press Digital Bundle comes with every reward level at and above $11. It's our way of thanking you for your generosity and spreading the Wheat Penny love.
3. The WPP Little Readers Big Change Initiative, Inc. is now a registered nonprofit public charity! If you sponsored a classroom, your pledge is tax-deductible! We'll send out more info on that toward the end of the calendar year. You can continue to purchase books at a discount at sponsor classrooms at BigMessyBooks.com. If you're a teacher or community leader and would like to request free books and author visits, fill out this form.
That's all for now! I can't wait to see you again for the big book reveal!
Thank You (Important details inside)
about 2 months ago
– Sat, May 16, 2020 at 02:47:48 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
WE DID IT!! (but we can do a little more)
2 months ago
– Fri, May 15, 2020 at 06:04:56 AM
AHHHH! We hit the big giant $25,000 goal!
But, hey, I know you're in for the even BIGGER mission of getting MORE free books and mental wellness tools to kids, so let's make this last day AMAZING.
There are so many easy-peasy ways to get our numbers UP:
- click the link to visit the campaign page and up your pledge!
- share the campaign with your friends, family, and followers!
- did you know I'm hosting a donation-based webinar for aspiring authors, and I have a literary agent coming on to share industry secrets? get more info here and SHARE!
Just $2000 more will cover our Kickstarter processing fees and put more cash into the book program for schools. LET'S DO IT! (Can you hear me yelling from New Jersey??)
Please say "YES"
2 months ago
– Fri, May 15, 2020 at 02:02:43 AM
We're almost there, friends! We're almost to the $25,000 goal that will make this campaign a HUGE success that 30 days ago only existed in my imagination.
I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of my community, and I'm hoping you'll stretch just a little bit further to not only help reach the goal, but to blow past it to cover all of the processing fees (which add up to about 10% or $2,500).
Can I ask you to click on the campaign link or visit the campaign at BigMessyBooks.com to adjust your pledge by just $11?
Add $11 to your pledge OR upgrade to a higher reward level. (Did you know I made both Zara books available in Spanish??)
I'm hoping you'll say yes, but know that I'm so grateful that you've contributed already and expect nothing more... your faith in me and my project has made my heart full.
[But before you go, watch my niece, Bella Michael, read Zara's Big Messy Day.]